B.Sc HOSPITALITY & HOTEL ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM
The National Council for Hotel Management and the Indira Gandhi National Open University offer the Bachelor of Science program in Hospitality and Hotel Administration jointly. The Three-Year (6 semester) program equips students with all the required skills, knowledge and attitude to efficiently discharge supervisory responsibilities in the Hospitality Sector. The program also involves in-depth laboratory work for students to acquire required knowledge and skills standards in the operational areas of Food Production, Food and Beverage Service, Front Office Operation and Housekeeping. The program imparts substantial management inputs in area such as Sales and Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Hotel and Catering Law, Property Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Computers with special focus on Tourism Studies.
The National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology centrally regulates admissions to B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program by conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) in the month of May.
For details regarding the admission to B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration please visit to the Web Site of National Council for Hotel Management www.nchmct.org
Eligibility for Admission to B.Sc Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program:
The minimum qualification for admission is 10+2 system of Senior Secondary Education or its equivalent with English as one of the compulsory subject.
Age limit is 25 years for General and 28 years for SC / ST candidates as on 1st July. In the case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is relax-able by 3 years.
Candidates appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can appear in JEE for being considered on provisional basis. Provisional admissions will stand cancelled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted to the concerned Institute.
Admission will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates / documents to be produced by the candidates. Decision of NCHM&CT regarding the eligibility shall be final. Even after admission to the Institute if an applicant is at a later date found ineligible on account of supplying false information of false testimonials or for having suppressed any material information, his / her admission will be cancelled and the fee paid will also be forfeited.
Opportunities for Hospitality Graduates:
Global growth and development of tourism have opened up innumerable openings. As a result graduate can look forward to following career opportunities:
• Management Trainee in Hotel and Allied Industry
• Guest/ Customer Relation Executive in Hotel and other Service Sectors
• Kitchen Management/ Housekeeping Management Trainee in Hotels
• Flight Kitchens also offer opportunities for career building
• Executive multi skilled in Fast Food Chains
• Hospital and Institutional Catering Executives
• Faculty in Hotel Management/ Food Craft Institutes (after earning industry work experience)
• Cabin Crew in National and International Airlines
• Catering Officer or Chef in Cruise Lines
• Marketing/ Sales Executive in Hotel
• Executive in Tourism Development Corporations and Resort properties
• Self employed entrepreneurs
Fee structure for new candidates (2019-22) applicable to B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program
Fee structure for applicable to B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration Program
- Rs. 3,000/- per annum as minor charges to cover Identity Card, Mid Term Examination, Students Activity, Library Journal & periodicals etc.
- Fee and other charges are payable in advance, which are non-refundable except of caution money
- 1st Semester fee is payable at the time of admission
- 2nd Semester fee is payable in December / January
Fee and other charges may be revised by the Institute at any time without any prior notice and the same shall be applicable to all the enrolled students who will be required to pay the fee and other charges at the revised rates.