Instructions for Newly Admitted Students in B. Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration in The Session 2019-20
Hearty Congratulations on your success in JEE 2019. We welcome you as a new member of IHM, Kurukshetra family, which is the most modern Institute in the country having the state of art infrastructure and a green campus. The Institute is located in Jyotisar on the Pehowa road, next to the Kalpana Chawla Planetarium.
Please note the following instructions carefully:
- The classes of 1st semester will commence from 24.07.2019 or as mentioned in your allotment letter. Beside the part fee of 1st semester already deposited by you at the admission centre i.e. Rs. 38000/- (Rs. 2000/- is counselling fee deducted by NCHMCT), you will have to deposit as balance fees of Rs. 28,200/- (64,700+1500-38,000) which includes an amount of Rs. 1500/- (1st semester) as other/minor charges to cover Identity Card, Mid Term Examination, Students Activity, Library Journal & periodicals etc. Physical Reporting schedule will be from 15-07-2019 to 20-07-2019. Balance fees have to be deposited by bank demand draft/ pay order in favour of "Principal Institute of Hotel Management Kurukshetra" payable at Kurukshetra.
- In case you have been allotted Hostel, you will have to deposit Rs. 25,750/- as 1st instalment of Hostel & Mess fees by Bank Demand Draft in favour of "Principal Institute of Hotel Management Kurukshetra" payable at Kurukshetra and you can occupy the hostel on 23.07.2019 in the afternoon. During your reporting time you will be given a rough idea regarding the possibilities of allotment of hostel, In case you have not been allotted hostel till then.
- Hostel fees once deposited will not be refunded, except caution money .Please read the hostel rules very carefully.
- In case you are not allotted hostel, then it is advised, that you should visit Kurukshetra 2 to 3 days in advance to find a suitable paying guest accommodation.
- You will have to carry with you following:
- 6 passport size photographs (in Formal clothes).
- All your original documents in support of your age, qualification and category.
- Allotment letter downloaded from www.nchm.nic.in.
- Receipt of fees of 1st semester deposited at the admission centre.
- Rs. 3,000/- per annum as minor charges to cover Identity Card, Mid Term Examination, Students Activity, Library Journal & periodicals etc.
- Any other documents (as per instructions of NCHMCT)
- The uniform will be as under; which may be purchased: -
- i. Black terecot trousers with two pleats and 18" bottom. Flat front and low waist is not allowed. (2 nos.)
- ii. White plain full sleeves terecot shirt with one pocket. (3 nos.)
- iii. White Chef Coat (2 nos.)
- iv. White & black check Trousers. (Terecot with two pleats and 18" bottom. Flat front and low waist is not allowed). (1 no.)
- v. Black waist coat. (1 nos.)
- vi. Long Front Apron. (2 nos.)
- vii. Damask cloth Serviette 20*20 white. (4 nos.)
- viii. Red & White check scarf. (2 nos. Triangular chef Scarf )
- ix. Black bow, black tie and black socks.
- x. Black shoes Oxford model.
- xi. Black terewool business coat with two buttons. Donear/Grasim (For winter)
- xii. Silver Grey Business Suit with Grey Tie for Interviews (For Training & Placement in 2nd year as per specified design)
- xiii. Silk Saree as per colour and design (For girls only)
- xiv. In winter only black V-neck half sleeves cardigan is allowed under the blazer.
Please note that use of mobile phone is strictly banned inside the building of the Institute and defaulters will have to pay very heavy fine including confiscation. For other details please read the guideline page of the Institute especially rule 10 (b) regarding the punctuality. Parents are requested to meet the undersigned after completing admission formalities. We again welcome you to IHM, Kurukshetra.